Saturday, January 07, 2006

My First Artist's Date

In an effort to spend more time engaged in creative endeavors, I'm reading a book, "The Artist's Way" with my boyfriend. (I hate the word "boyfriend") Part of the process in this workbook is to take your inner artist on a date once a week. The purpose as I understand it, is to broaden my experiences, spend time doing something just for me and to get creatively inspired.

Today was my first of these dates. I'd heard that Dallas had a Hare Krishna temple with a wonderful vegetarian restaurant in it for many years now, but had never tried it. So off I went. The temple was beautiful and very ornate. I just caught the end of a prayer service, which was lovely. People in brightly colored robes were sitting in lotus position on the floor (shoes removed) and chanting what I percieved to be Hare Krishna scripture.

I then went to the restaurant and tried several new dishes for me. It was a buffet so I could afford to be "risky". The food was vegetarian Indian. Scrumptous rice pudding for dessert. I ate outside - which in Dallas was a beautiful 80 degree day - and enjoyed a tranquil meal in the courtyard by the water fountain.

I loved it! And I'm very pleased with my new experience in treating my inner artist to an adventure.





2 Comments:

Blogger Willie Baronet said...

I think you should replace the word "boyfriend" with "main squeeze". :-)

1:14 PM  
Blogger WCTs said...

Small world, last year an old friend to me to this very place. I loved the little atrium area. The food was great too. Nice post.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Site Counter